The Horatio Alger Association of Canada provides $1.2 million annually in need-based scholarship support for deserving students in all Canadian provinces and territories.
Scholarships of up to $10,000 are awarded to full-time students in Grade 11 with financial need (family income under $65,000) who have demonstrated integrity and perseverance in overcoming adversity, a commitment to pursue a post-secondary education, a desire to contribute to society, and a good academic record.
To be eligible to apply for the Horatio Alger Scholarships of Canada, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Be a current Grade 11 student with plans to graduate from high school and enter university in Fall 2025.
- Exhibit a strong commitment to pursue and complete a bachelor's degree program at an accredited university
- Prove critical financial need ($65,000 or less annual net income per family is required)
- Demonstrate desire and ability to be entrepreneurial in a chosen field
- Be involved in co-curricular and community service activities
- Display integrity and perseverance in overcoming adversity
- Maintain a minimum grade percentage of 70
- Attend high school (or CEGEP) and reside in Canada
- Be Canadian citizens